This is a Wiki related to the Gretl software project. Gretl is the Gnu Regression, Econometrics and Time-series Library, a free software project for doing econometrics.
This site is intended for gretl users who want to share their knowledge. Please contribute!!!
Latest release: Gretl 1.9.14 since November 21th, 2013
Contributing to the development of gretl
- How to contribute code to gretl
- How to get the source code from CVS on SourceForge
- How to compile gretl on Windows
- How to send bug reports
- Gretl Home Page on SourceForge
- Lee Adkins' Gretl Page, including the free e-book Using gretl for Principles of Econometrics, 3rd edition
- List of available user-contributed function packages
- Replication Section, (Procedures and examples replicating econometric papers)
Reviews and Journal Articles
- GRETL: Econometric software for the GNU generation (abstract), review of gretl 0.997 in Journal of Applied Econometrics
- Teaching undergraduate econometrics with GRETL (abstract), review of gretl 1.5.1 in Journal of Applied Econometrics
- DJ:ing Economics Commentary: “GRETL” econometrics program. http://djingeconomics.com/?p=394 January 29, 2011
- GRETL 1.6.0 and its numerical accuracy, review of gretl 1.6.0 in Journal of Applied Econometrics (open access working paper version)
- GRETL 1.6.0 and its numerical accuracy (technical supplement), open access from Journal of Applied Econometrics Data Archive
- Gretl 1.7.3, open access review of gretl 1.7.3 in Journal of Statistical Software
- Wilkinson Tests and gretl, assessment of the numerical reliability of gretl 1.8.6 (open access)
- Should Economists Use Open Source Software for Doing Research?, discussion of gretl as a case study in Computational Economics (open access working paper version)
- Using gretl for Monte Carlo experiments, Journal of Applied Econometrics, 2011, vol. 26, issue 5, pages 880-885
- Dave Giles' take on gretl
- Financial support from research projects MCYT SEJ2007-61362 and ECO2010-15332 of Ministerio de Ciencia e Innovación and FEDER is gratefully acknowledged by the Spanish translator.